Service Portal Fundamentals
There are currently no classes scheduled.
Contact us to schedule a date for your organization!
Create and Configure a Service Portal
2-Day, Online Course—Instructor-led and highly interactive. A Service Portal provides an alternative user experience to the standard platform interface. The Service Portal application offers the tools needed to configure, customize, and extend portal components to create an online experience similar to what your users are used to in other consumer products.
During this interactive training course, you’ll learn how to use the Service Portal application to configure, customize, and extend components to create a Service Portal in your own student instance—a safe sandbox. Participants will:
- Explore all aspects of the Service Portal application
- Learn how to re‑configure an existing portal
- Review the Service Portal framework
- Create new Service Portals, Themes, Pages, and Menus, and Search Sources
- Understand how to use and create Widgets
- Re‑use existing Portal components
- Explore Service Portal search capabilities including Search Sources, Search Facets and Pagination
- Configure other aspects of the platform to enhance a Service Portal
- Review newly supported Service Portal features including Automated Test Framework and Guided Tours
These objectives are achieved through a combination of demos, lecture, and group discussions. Lab exercises woven throughout the class walk you through building your own Service Portal from scratch.