ServiceNow® Service Mapping Implementation Training
Learn the technical aspects to successfully deliver a Service Mapping deployment.
3-Day, Online Course—Instructor-led and highly interactive. During this course, attendees will build on the knowledge gained in the Service Mapping Fundamentals course and will: review ITOM knowledge including MID Servers, Discovery, Service Mapping, Event Management, Bulk Mapping and Error Handling; learn how the Reconciliation and Identification framework relates to Service Mapping; learn Security in Service Mapping implementations; and learn key concepts of requirements gathering and scoping refinement.
Attendees will be issued a voucher with this course they can use to take the Certified Implementation Specialist Service Mapping exam. Prerequisite: Service Mapping (SM) Fundamentals Course.
This interactive class covers:
- Introduction to Service Mapping
- Level Setting ITOM Knowledge including MID Servers, Discovery, Service Mapping, and Event Management
- How the Reconciliation and Identification Framework relates to Service Mapping
- Security in Service Mapping implementations
- Key elements for a Service Mapping engagement
- Key concepts of requirements gathering
- Objection handling and scoping refinement
This class includes hands-on labs that cover:
- Installing a MID Server
- Configuring Credentials
- Working with the Command Line Console
- Working with Update Sets
- Discovery of a multi-tier service
- Configuring Identification Rules