Instructor: Kelli Hoeppner, Solution Architect, Aptris
About the Course
Setting up an effective Software Asset Management (SAM) practice includes key milestones: planning a design, defining policies, identifying the information required and how that information can be obtained, what the software asset processes should look like, and how the technology can support these items. Most successful SAM programs involve a variety of people and departments, including IT, finance, purchasing, services, and end users. Investing time and careful consideration to build out the SAM practice produces a higher quality outcome.
In this course, attendees will learn how to manage ServiceNow’s Software Asset Management, with a focus on:
- Managing software licenses (models, entitlements, metrics)
- Controlling the cost of purchasing & managing assets
- Managing the software asset life cycle from planning to disposal
- Using software discovery and normalization
- Reconciling and achieving software compliance
- Controlling software usage and reclamation
- Improving IT software asset services to end users
- Creating standards and processes for managing software assets
To be successful on this exam, attendees need to be a ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, have experience with at least two end‑to‑end implementations with ServiceNow and have sufficient proficiency in ServiceNow Scripting. ServiceNow also offers an Implementation Bootcamp to help prepare attendees to become successful implementation consultants.
To prepare for the exam, please download the exam blueprint to review what will be covered.