Instructor: Kelli Hoeppner, Solution Architect, Aptris
About the Course
Setting up an effective Software Asset Management (SAM) practice includes key milestones: planning a design, defining policies, identifying the information required and how that information can be obtained, what the software asset processes should look like, and how the technology can support these items. Most successful SAM programs involve a variety of people and departments, including IT, finance, purchasing, services, and end users. Investing time and careful consideration to build out the SAM practice produces a higher quality outcome.
In this course, attendees will learn how to manage ServiceNow’s Software Asset Management, with a focus on:
- Managing software licenses (models, entitlements, metrics)
- Controlling the cost of purchasing & managing assets
- Managing the software asset life cycle from planning to disposal
- Using software discovery and normalization
- Reconciling and achieving software compliance
- Controlling software usage and reclamation
- Improving IT software asset services to end users
- Creating standards and processes for managing software assets
To be successful on this exam, attendees need to be a ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, have experience with at least two end‑to‑end implementations with ServiceNow and have sufficient proficiency in ServiceNow Scripting. ServiceNow also offers an Implementation Bootcamp to help prepare attendees to become successful implementation consultants.
To prepare for the exam, please download the exam blueprint to review what will be covered.
Have questions or need help registering?
Call us at 815-847-3400.
Instructor: Taarik Rahaman, Solution Architect, Aptris
About the Course
This classroom training offers critical implementation practices centered around typical Service Mapping conversations including gaining additional hands-on technical implementation skills for a Service Mapping deployment. Students should have previous Service Mapping experience, either by attending the Service Mapping Fundamentals course or by being part of a Service Mapping Implementation.
This interactive class covers:
- Introduction to Service Mapping
- Level Setting ITOM Knowledge including MID Servers, Discovery, Service Mapping, and Event Management
- How the Reconciliation and Identification Framework relates to Service Mapping
- Security in Service Mapping implementations
- Key elements for a Service Mapping engagement
- Key concepts of requirements gathering
- Objection handling and scoping refinement
This class includes hands-on labs that cover:
- Installing a MID Server
- Configuring Credentials
- Working with the Command Line Console
- Working with Update Sets
- Discovery of a multi-tier service
- Configuring Identification Rules
Who Should Attend
For technical consultants and partners that will be responsible for implementing Service Mapping.
- Solid skills on the ServiceNow platform
- Attended the Service Mapping Fundamental class and/or have Service Mapping implementation experience
- Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills
- Acquaintance with various IT infrastructure technologies (web servers, application servers, load balancers, databases, and virtualization technologies)
- Scripting capabilities (SSH and Windows Commands)
- Familiarity with network concepts (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing)
- Understanding of protocols such as HTTP, TCP, SNMP, SOAP, REST
- Understanding of concepts such as XML, Regex, Delimited text, and JSON