Join Aptris at the ServiceNow Future of Work tour in Chicago!
DISCOVER WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY TO MAKE WORK, WORK BETTER TOMORROW
The Future of Work Tour is an invitation-only event laser-focused on the future. Join us to discover how your organization can tap into emerging technologies to create the workplace of tomorrow.
You’ll have the opportunity to connect with ServiceNow customers and product experts, participate in focused round-table discussions, and experience our solutions first-hand to discover how we can help you:
- Automate workflows on a modern cloud platform
- Work effortlessly across teams, silos, and systems
- Create consumer-like work and customer experiences
- Use machine learning to simplify complex processes
Join your peers in IT, HR, customer service, and security for a fun, fascinating day of forward-thinking inspiration and innovation.
Join Aptris at HDI’s 25th Anniversary Celebration!
Experience HDI is back and better than ever as we celebrate North Coast Chapter’s 25th anniversary. This year’s event is scheduled on October 18 from 12:00-4:15 PM at the Cleveland Clinic offices in Beachwood and Romona Robinson, Cleveland news anchor for WOIO-19 and author is the keynote speaker for this popular event. More information on Ramona is here.
1:00-1:15 – Opening Comments
1:15-2:00 – Keynote Speaker
“A Dirt Road to Somewhere”
2:00-2:30 – Break
2:30-4:00 – HDI Summary
4:00-4:15 – Closing Comments
Stop by booth #7 and say hi!
Come by our booth for giveaways, a raffle, and some good discussion about how Aptris and ServiceNow can help you achieve great experiences and transform how work gets done.
Learn how to work better
Make the most of Now Summit with customized tracks. Whether you’re in IT, security, HR or customer service, learn how you can deliver great experiences with the Now Platform to transform how work gets done.
Join Aptris at Centrify’s Zero Trust Summit!
At 1:15pm our very own Brian Huber, VP of SecOps, ITOM and GRC, and Dean Johnson, Chief Technology Officer, will be presenting, “Using Zero Trust to Reduce Risk in Four Steps.”
This session will focus on four steps that organizations can take to reduce risk using a zero-trust approach. We’ll examine common use cases that these steps will address and provide a practical demonstration of how to apply these steps utilizing tools like Centrify, Clear Skye, and ServiceNow.
For today’s enterprises, the concept of Zero Trust is rapidly moving from interest to adoption, and organizations are seizing Zero Trust to stay ahead of the security curve. Initiatives across digital transformation and more have delivered great benefits to enterprises around the globe, but dispersed users and technologies are making enterprise security increasingly more difficult. As attackers breach what’s left of enterprise perimeters and begin to look – and act – like trusted users, the concept of blindly trusting insiders has gone out the window.
All of which explains why Zero Trust Security – according to the 2018 IDG Security Priorities Study – is generating more interest from technology and security leaders than any other security technology. Why is Zero Trust emerging as a significant trend? How are organizations implementing Zero Trust Security? How does Zero Trust fit within a broader IT and security strategy? What are the challenges in adopting Zero Trust and how can they be addressed? And what’s Zero Trust’s role in compliance, and how are industries like financial services, healthcare, retail and more managing risk against an evolving backdrop of new regulations?
Join us for SecurIT, the industry’s first Zero Trust Conference for IT and security executives and managers where we’ll bring together experts who are savvy to these questions, challenges and more. You’ll gain up-to-the-minute knowledge of why Zero Trust Security is moving forward along with actionable insights you can put to work right away. What’s more, you’ll hear from organizations already implementing this new model, and learn why it’s critical to success in today’s increasingly security-focused business environment.
Learn to Configure and Manage a ServiceNow Instance
ServiceNow Fundamentals is designed for users with various organizational roles who are expected to work within the ServiceNow platform. During this 3-day, interactive training course, attendees will learn about the ServiceNow user interface, receive a summary of the database schema, understand uses for commonly accessed applications, and be introduced to advanced features and functionality, such as scripting and application development.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore lists and forms
- Identify the importance of branding, as well as how to apply it to the platform
- Add users, groups, and roles
- Identify best practices related to task management
- Configure notifications
- Manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), and import sets
- Run basic reports, as well as the benefits of performance analytics
- Protect ServiceNow data
- Work with two key ServiceNow process applications: Knowledge Base and Service Catalog
- Create workflow activities and approvals
- Implement Service Level Agreements
- Identify various available script types
- Upgrade and clone instances, as well as create baseline performance metrics
- Capture and move configurations between instances
Upon completion, you will have met the prerequisite for taking the ServiceNow Certified System Administrator exam.
The SysAdmin exam is included in this course.
Enterprise Service Management Workshop
Lauded by Gartner and Forrester Research as one of the best change management tools that align and increase trust within stakeholder groups involved in behavior, process and technology change programs. This ITSM workshop is used globally by executive teams within the Fortune 1000 organizations and government departments.
The interactive nature of the workshop provides a path for the participants to experience the effort of maturing an enterprise delivery system underpinned by process and supported by the appropriate technology. The approach focuses specifically on the processes and tools required to support a business need. The experience relates directly to ITSM, ERP, HR, FIN, CRM and branch support systems.
Participants are given roles in a sub-optimal business unit in which they have to respond to real everyday challenges and transform processes and underlying technology that meet the needs of the business. The event is fun, engaging, competitive and deeply insightful for a real world view of service management.
Instructor: Taarik Rahaman, Solution Architect, Aptris
About the Course
Learn how to discover and model business services to manage service health, determine the business impact of infrastructure problems, simplify the root cause analysis of service issues, and minimize the service impact of infrastructure changes.
During this three‑day interactive training course, attendees will gain in‑depth knowledge and practice in configuring and using ServiceNow Service Mapping. A combination of course content and lab work will help attendees learn to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the ServiceNow Service Mapping solution and its capabilities and how it differs from the ServiceNow Discovery solution
- Learn the concepts and value of ServiceNow Service Mapping top‑down discovery that allows ServiceNow administrators to model an entire business service by providing a single entry point to the service such as a web URL or host address and port
- Install and configure MID Servers
- Navigate the Service Mapping user interface
- Configure Service Mapping credentials
- Configure Service Mapping to discover and model a business service from a top‑down approach including all the applications, network devices, and servers that support it
- Gain in‑depth knowledge on how to configure Service Mapping patterns that allows administrators to model proprietary applications and connections unknown to ServiceNow Service Mapping
- Work with the Identification and Reconciliation application to understand how inserts and updates are performed to configuration items in the CMDB
- Gain understanding of how Service Mapping works with ServiceNow Event Management to provide visibility into service outages
- Learn common troubleshooting techniques
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for IT Operations Managers, ServiceNow administrators, and consultants who need to implement, configure, and administer ServiceNow Service Mapping.
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator preferred
- Experience configuring monitoring and discovery tools and working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows servers is highly recommended
- A fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, IP networks, subnetting, and network devices
Three days (8:30am – 5pm) (includes 1 hour lunch break)
This course does not offer certification.
Have questions or need help registering?
Call us at 815-847-3400.
Instructor: Kelli Hoeppner, Solution Architect, Aptris
About the Course
Setting up an effective Software Asset Management (SAM) practice includes key milestones: planning a design, defining policies, identifying the information required and how that information can be obtained, what the software asset processes should look like, and how the technology can support these items. Most successful SAM programs involve a variety of people and departments, including IT, finance, purchasing, services, and end users. Investing time and careful consideration to build out the SAM practice produces a higher quality outcome.
In this 3-day interactive ServiceNow® Software Asset Management course attendees will master the setup, configuration, and usage of the ServiceNow® Software Asset Management Professional application, with a focus on:
- Managing software licenses (models, entitlements, and metrics)
- Controlling the cost of purchasing and managing software assets
- Managing the software asset life cycle from planning to disposal
- Using software discovery and normalization
- Reconciling and achieving software compliance
- Controlling software usage and reclamation
- Improving IT software asset services to end users
Creating standards and processes for managing software assets
Who Should Attend
The ServiceNow® Software Asset Management course is for Customers, Partners, and Employees who implement and administer features, functions, and data associated with software assets. An attendee is a good fit for this course if they perform or advise on any of the following roles or job responsibilities:
- ServiceNow Implementer
- ServiceNow System Administrator
- Software Asset Manager
Upon Completion You Will Be Able To
In this 3-day interactive ServiceNow® Software Asset Management course attendees will master the setup, configuration, and usage of the ServiceNow® Software Asset Management Professional application.
- ServiceNow System Administrator or ServiceNow Fundamentals