We’ve all anxiously awaited, and it’s finally here.
ServiceNow has released Kingston, their latest update containing powerful new features and enhancements to vastly improve the benefits you get from the platform.
Let’s take a look at what we consider to be the TOP TEN KINGSTON ENHANCEMENTS that you should be excited about.
Top 10 Kingston Enhancements
- Machine Learning. Kingston can help categorize, assign and prioritize tickets based on previous history. For example, by assessing historical incidents, requests, or cases, machine agent intelligence automatically learns and applies the right categorization, severity, and routing information to speed resolution of the task or case. Solutions benefited: This enhancement provides value for the following ServiceNow solutions: IT Service Management (ITSM), Customer Service Management (CSM), and HR Service Delivery (HRSD).
- No-Code Process Automation. Kingston allows for creating business process flows without relying on code to drive it. For example, on creation of a new HR onboarding record, tasks can be created to add the user to any necessary supporting systems (e.g., LDAP, Time Entry, Accounting). Solutions benefited: IT Service Management (ITSM), Customer Service Management (CSM), HR Service Delivery (HRSD), and Security Operations Management (SOM).
- User Experience Improvements. With Kingston, ServiceNow has provided a variety of user experience improvements: Solutions benefited: IT Service Management (ITSM), Customer Service Management (CSM), IT Operations Management (ITOM), Project Portfolio Management (PPM). Here are a few examples:
- Major Incident Management workbench with a single-pane view designed for Major Incident Managers, Communication Managers, and Resolver groups to manage major incidents by aggregating and providing actionable information.
- Simplified ordering process and administration in the Service Catalog. The mobile experience has been updated to make it easier to navigate on handheld screens; the cart and check-out experience has been streamlined; and finding and ordering has been improved.
- Additional Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in Performance Analytics to help you monitor and meet all your target numbers.
- New integration between IBM Watson Conversation Service and ServiceNow Connect to power a virtual agent for self-service use cases.
- HR Mass Communication. With Kingston, you can now send mass communications through the HR module. For example, you can schedule an email distribution on January 31 reminding employees to verify receipt of W-2s and include a link to a form email that contacts HR if they have not received it. Solutions benefited: HR Service Delivery (HRSD).
- HR Response Templates. You can create HR template responses for frequently encountered issues. For example, if a user submits a request for expense reimbursement but they did not attach receipts, you can select the template to notify the user of the omission. Solutions benefitted: HR Service Delivery (HRSD).
- Blacklisted Software Identification. Kingston allows for blacklisting programs and tracking if they’ve been installed in the managed environment. For example, if a program has been replaced due to security flaws, the program can be entered into a blacklist and ServiceNow will show you if any monitored system has the program installed. Solutions benefitted: Security Operations Management (SOM).
- End-to-End Phishing Response. Kingston helps you find phishing emails and delete them from the Exchange server. For example, if phishing attempt was sent to an internal distribution group, once a user notifies the security team they can delete it from the server to reduce the number of users potentially affected. Solutions benefited: Security Operations Management (SOM).
- Integration Hub. Kingston allows for quick integration with third-party systems. For example, you can integrate ServiceNow with Slack so when work is assigned to a development team it sends notifications to their communication tool of choice. Solutions benefitted: Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
- Updates to Sprint and Backlog Management. With Kingston, ServiceNow gives the option to create multiple sprints/stories at once, as well as a drag-and-drop UI for quick assignment. For example, you can create multiple stories at once and assign them to a single sprint. Solutions benefited: Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
- Improved Budgeting and Forecasting capabilities. Kingston improves the ability to group budget and forecast data by different criteria, as well as allowing for grouping by timeline. For example, you can now group your forecast to show budget and forecast for a particular account in Q1. Solutions benefited: Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
While the Kingston upgrade is free, be sure to review any ServiceNow customizations you’ve made to verify that they will continue to work in the new version.
We’re Here to Help You
Don’t hesitate to reach out to Aptris for guidance along the way. Aptris is a Gold Services Partner with expertise in ITSM, CSM, HRSD, ITOM, Platform, SOM and PPM.
We’re already working with customers on the updates and are looking forward to helping many more leverage the new Kingston capabilities to improve business results!
Contributors: Josh Andres, Aptris Senior Consultant and Don Milani, Aptris Advisory Services Consultant